Today a short post about an issue we have seen with the Microsoft Store. We have configured the Microsoft Store to only allow access to the private store. We have purchased some apps in the store, but when some users tried to install one of these apps an error pop-up is shown:
Microsoft store; Something unexpected happened. Code 0x80070005
In the event logs we found under Application an Information event 1001.
Fault bucket, type 0
Event name: StoreAgentAcquireLicenseFailure1
Response: Nota available
Cab Id: 0
In general terms 0x80070005 is an Access Denied error, this may be for different reasons.
Via Microsoft Support I received the following steps to solve the issue (which it did):
- Take a backup copy of the accounts folder located under %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy\ac\TokenBroker\
- Delete the account files in the following folder: %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy\ac\TokenBroker\Accounts
- Take a backup copy of the settings.dat file found in the folder %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings
- Delete the settings.dat file under %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings
- Reboot the device (sign out and sign back in might also work)
That was all which fixed the problem for a couple of users. It’s unknown what caused this issue.